2-4 lbs chicken wings, drums and flats
1 tablespoon soy sauce (or soy sauce substitute)
1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
Juice from 1 lime
1 clove garlic, finely minced or grated
1 – 1 Inch piece of ginger, finely minced or grated
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce (or soy sauce substitute)
1 teaspoon Sriracha
1. Add the chicken wings and all the marinade ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix together well. Cover the bowl and place it in your fridge to marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
2. When you’re ready to bake the chicken, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Lay the drums and flats out in a single layer on a broiling pan and place it in your oven. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes then turn the oven to broil.
3. While the chicken is baking, prepare the glaze. Add all the glaze ingredients to a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Let it come to a boil then whisk constantly for 5 minutes, or until the sauce just starts to thicken but is still very runny. Be very careful as the sauce will quickly boil over if you are not whisking it constantly. The glaze will look runny after 5 minutes but will thicken as it cools.
4. When the chicken has been in the oven for 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and dip each piece in the glaze so that both sides of the chicken are covered. Return the chicken to the baking sheet and broil it for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is dark and sticky.
5. Garnish the Chinese 5 Spice Sticky Finger Chicken Wings with sesame seeds and green onions.