Not Your Mama’s Minestrone
1 package of 15 bean soup mix (reserve the ham seasoning for use in another recipe)
4 stalks of celery
1 large yellow onion
2 large cloves of garlic
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
32 oz of beef broth
1 lbs of Italian sausage
1 1/3 Tbsp Spice Squad® Italian seasoning
2 cups Ditalini pasta
- Quick soak beans by bringing them to a rolling boil turning the heat off and put the lid on the pot. Let sit for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and rinse soaked beans.
- Put into a clean soup pot. Add beef broth, chopped carrots, celery, onion and garlic.
- Crushed tomatoes and spice squad Italian seasoning. Bring to a low boil for about 1 1/2 hours until beans are tender. While this is simmering, go ahead and cook the Italian sausage.
- Add Ditalini pasta and cooked Italian sausage. Once pasta is done add spinach into soup and let sit for a couple of minutes. Serve with bread. Mangia!